The Dairy

The Dairy

Completed in 1869, the Dairy was co-designed by Calvert Vanx, Frederick Law Olmsted and Jacob Wrey Mould. Though it originally provided city children with fresh milk and refreshments, today it is Central Park’s Information Center. Faithful to the original design, the restored building features upgraded electrical and lighting and a gift shop. Again a focal point of the park, the Dairy heralds a Central Park renaissance in the spirit of Olmstead’s original plan.